The project is consequently divided in three pillars made up of workpackages strongly interacting with each other.
Networking activities (NA)
The overarching goal of thenetworking activitiesis to
- establish strong long-lasting cooperation between the 14 animal facilities involved in the project by exchanging inventories and characteristics of animal lines, reagents and cell lines, procedures and good laboratory practices...
- In addition, to organising internal (collaborative work) and external communication (unique entry point to all infrastructures provided by the electronic portal), the communication networking activity will outreach new users and establish procedures for access review.
Research activities (RA)
The research activities are designed toimprove the services provided by the infrastructuresof the network whose performance will be enhanced through better characterisation of animal lines, customisation and development of infection models and monitoring tools.
- Better characterisation of animal lines (RA1) will provide more suitable animal lines to develop new infection animal models (RA3).
- The development of infection monitoring tools will allow better characterisation of animal lines in terms of sensitivity to infection (RA1) and additional support to pooling of animal lines (NA1).
- Development of animal models will enable better evaluation of risks related to emerging threats (NA2), characterisation of animal lines in terms of resistance to diseases (RA1).
The call for transnational access has been based on specific expertise and services of the different members of the consortium. This call will be defined, monitored and evaluated inNA3.